These terms tell you how you may use the www.pesafepractice.com site to access content for your own personal use or to use for the purposes of planning or teaching physical education. Please read them carefully.
The monies we receive from this website enable us to continue investing in developing the latest safe practice guidance to help you keep children safe from harm while nurturing their physical development. Please continue to support us in this by being a responsible user.
www.pesafepractice.com is a place where anyone delivering Phycial Education, School Sport or any Physical Activity can:
- quickly find answers to health and safety questions
- save article for frequent use
- use information for planning school policies and procedures
- use information for lesson planning
- keep up to date with changes to safety standards, legislation and case law.
Who makes www.pesafepractice.com available to me?
Coachwise is the trading arm of sports coach UK, the agency for coaching in the UK. Any profits Coachwise makes are gift aided back, enabling sports coach UK to develop UK coaching excellence.
The Association for Physical Education (afPE) is the only representative PE Subject Association in the UK. Thier purpose is to promote and maintain high standards and safe practice in all aspects and at all levels of physical education, influencing developments in physical education at national and local levels.
What are the features of the www.pesafepractice.com website?
On www.pesafepractice.com, you can:
- search for health and safety guidance
- download template files to incorporate into your systems
- bookmark articles for frequent use
- navigate through the chapters/ sections and articles.
How can I use the information on www.pesafepractice.com?
You may save and print any content from Safe Practice for your own personal and non-commercial use or to use for the purposes of planning or teaching physical education. You may also use the downloadable templates from Safe Practice and adapt to incorporate into your school's policies and procedures.
If you wish to use content for other reasons, please contact us.
Please help us by emailing us a link to any parts of this text published online. This will help us to protect this valuable work so that afPE can continue to invest in developing up-to-date guidance to help you keep children safe from harm while nurturing their physical development.
Who owns or has rights to the information on www.pesafepractice.com?
All copyright, trademarks, design rights and other intellectual property rights on www.pesafepractice.com belong to the Association for Physical Education and Coachwise Limited. All rights reserved.
You may see third-party advertising on the site. The advertiser is solely responsible for the content of its advertising material.
How is my information used?
When you register and complete your profile, you provide us with information about yourself. We use this information to provide you with an improved service.
What obligations do I have?
By registering with www.pesafepractice.com, you agree that:
- You keep your password confidential
- You will not share your account with other people, additional accounts can be added by contacting our customer care team on 0113 201 5555.
- You will not do anything, which would assist anyone who is not a registered user, to gain access to any registration area of www.pesafepractice.com
- You will not create registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor will you seek to pass yourself off as anyone else
- You will notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account by someone else.
You are responsible for maintaining your own hardware and software. This includes taking your own precautions against viruses. We cannot not guarantee that www.pesafepractice.com services or content will be free from viruses.
How does this website safeguard children?
This site is not aimed at children. Any content that features children is posted in accordance with the NSPCC's Child Protection in Sport Unit Guidance.
What happens if I no longer wish to be a member?
Your paid subscription lasts for one full year from the date of purchase. The subscription does not automatically renew so if you wish to cancel you would simply not enter payment for another year subscription. You will only be billed for your current year but never again unless you decide to re-join.
Special or promotional subscriptions that require activation keys will last for the time stated on the promotion, from the date it is redeemed.
Should we choose to change our Terms, we will post the changes here. Where the changes are significant, we may email registered users with new details.
If you agree to the rules above, tick the box to confirm you agree on the registration page and continue with your registration.